Since the late 1970’s, Kindermusik® has provided children with a broad-based, eclectic music experience. Over 2,100 licensed Kindermusik teachers throughout the U.S., Canada, and twenty other countries currently reach tens of thousands of children with a varied program of educationally sound and developmentally appropriate music and movement. Kindermusik® at The Burch School provides musical instruction to children ages newborn through seven years of age, and emphasizes a holistic and integrated approach to music education focusing on process rather than performance.
Kindermusik offers five curricula, four of which are offered during the Fall and Spring semesters, and a fifth group taught as summer camps.
1. Kindermusik Village (ages newborn to 18 months)
2. Kindermusik Our Time (ages 18 months to 3 years)
3. Kindermusik Imagine That! (ages 3-5 years)
4. Kindermusik for the Young Child (ages 4-7 years)
5. Kindermusik Summer Camps:
• Peek-A-Boo, I Love You (newborn to 18 months)
• Creatures in My Backyard (18 months to 4 years)
• Creatures At the Ocean (18 months to 4 years)
• Zoo Train (18 months to 4 years)
• On The Road (3-5 years)
• Confetti Days (3-5 years)
• Adventures Around the World (4-7 years)
• Adventures Near and Far (4-7 years)
Each curriculum requires that families buy home materials which include CD’s, books, instruments, and other items. If a family has two children in the same class, a sibling kit is available for the second child. This kit is less expensive, since certain items, such as CD’s, aren’t duplicated.